Bring out the best in your team!
Insights quickly gives professionals insight into each other’s qualities and differences. That gives participants the energy they need to get to work together! Respect, understanding and collaboration go hand in hand.
- Teams collaborate more effectively, understand each other better and recognise the qualities of and differences between each person’s personal preference;
- People respond better to change;
- Employees are involved and feel more strongly connected to your organisation’s culture and values;
- The power of diversity.
Working to improve trust, connection and communication in a team. Working towards the next step together. We work together to develop an Insights workshop or programme that allows your team to take the next step. Below, you will find an example of the schedule of an Insights team day.
In new teams, Insights acts as a growth accelerator that engenders trust between team members by allowing them to get to know each other better. In MTs, IPM project teams or HPTs, Insights helps build the connections and realise the depth needed to combine strengths and truly excel as a team.
The team wheel
A team wheel is made with the team members’ Insights Discovery profiles. This instantly clarifies the strength of the team’s differences. The different personal preferences create a team dynamic that is recognisable in practice. Insight into and awareness of this dynamic help the team become more effective, especially during high-pressure situations. The Insights Discovery colour language makes discussing and resolving issues and talking to each other about one’s behaviour a whole lot easier.
By gaining insight into the eight personality types, professionals quickly learn to understand their team members’ personal motivations, qualities and preferred styles. This makes for a colourful and practical tool that can be used on a daily basis. Recognising and acknowledging the personality types in others increases one’s impact on other people. Download (in Dutch) the overview of the eight personality types and their respective traits.
With the Insights team model, professionals can quickly develop insight into and awareness of the phases and qualities of their team. Team members will learn to understand the value they bring to the team and the team dynamic. This results in a positive drive and energy to get to work together.
Red team energy: Focus
A team that is focused with red energy strives to achieve results:
- Shows a clear sense of direction
- Understands its vision and goals
- Maintains a clear view on the results to be achieved
- Takes action on the “right” things
- Can be called out about the promises it made
Yellow team energy: Flow
A team in flow is both flexible and sociable:
- Finds solutions together
- Engages in dialogue
- Learns as a team
- Responds quickly to external output
- Implements the changes needed to overcome obstacles
Green team energy: Climate
A team with an excellent climate is all about support, appreciation and connection and is characterised by:
- A high degree of trust between members
- A high degree of involvement and motivation
- A willingness and ability to engage in challenging discussions
- The ability to stick together under pressure
- A genuine sense of care and support
Blue team energy: Process
A team with effective processes, order, structure, logical connections and organisation has:
- Clearly defined RTA (responsibilities, tasks and authorities) for the various roles
- Interconnected roles and interdependency
- The right knowledge and experience
- A clear decision-making process
- Measurement systems to safeguard progress
An example of an Insights team day
Step 1 Online Insights survey
Prior to the workshop, the team members will receive an online survey that is used to generate their personal profile. Filling out this survey takes less than 25 minutes.
Step 2 Insights Discovery workshop
An informal, personal and interactive atmosphere and usually a workbook are the main aspects of the workshop. The framework and objectives are outlined by the supervisor, followed by a brief introduction.
Part 1: Background of Insights
Part 2: The Insights Discovery profile
Part 3: Increasing team effectiveness with Insights Discovery
- Differences between communication styles, recognising the various types, stress and feedback
- Team strength: understanding the strength of differences and using it in practice
- Conclusion and drawing up team agreements
Step 3 Return session
During the return session, we check Insights in practice, delve deeper into the theory and offer more colourful and practical guidelines to further increase the team’s effectiveness.
Step 4 Evaluation
We recommend scheduling a brief evaluation meeting circa two to three weeks after the team session in order to discuss the impact it has had in practice.